The vanilla assault rifle is designed to fit the role of both a SMG and Assault Rifle. In reality this is already performed by carbines and rifles with bullpup configurations, these are however still considered assault rifles in every sense of the word and generally relegated to military and specialist policing roles. However the intention of this design is to follow the original design closely, implement logical changes regarding functionality and again sprinkle some HR design aesthetics on top. I'm also of the belief that Deus Ex lacks a dedicated SMG and would love to either see one implemented or implement one myself sometime in the near future.
Main characteristics of this design:
- Lengthened the weapon and barrel to more appropriate proportions
- Added an integrated horizontal front fore grip
- Closed in handle and trigger configuration with ergonomic thumb placement through body of weapon
- Unique Deus Ex featured spring loaded horizontally perpendicular spiral magazine with conjoined top feeder mechanism connecting to slide round bolt feeder through rugged magazine connector. The magazine is dual sided with inverse spirals on either side. Magazine capacity of between 35 and 50 rounds of 7.62X51mm NATO
- Bottom facing casing ejection port in front of magazine connector and bolt round collection position
- Integrated polymer cheek rest and hollowed stock region for weight reduction
- Durable polymer buttstock
- Integrated carry handle and picatinny rails with attached ironsights
- Positioned cocking handle location to allow for maximum user mechanical leverage
- Barrel vents to allow for heat dissipation and below those inset hollowed out sections for weight reduction
- Safety in ergonomic position to be operated by user thumb and side of trigger finger.
Influenced by Deus Ex Assault Rifle, HR Assault Rifle and IWI Tavor TAR 22